Privacy & terms
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Notice and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting our terms and conditions. "Sefton Acupuncture Clinic", “Sefton”, "Clinic", ”Our”, “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to Sefton Acupuncture Clinic Limited.
The copyright in all of the material on this website belongs to Sefton Acupuncture Clinic. You can download any of the material for your own use on the following terms. You accept all risks from downloading, installing or using the material. We will not be responsible for damage (including damage caused by viruses) to your computer or software, or any losses you suffer as a result of downloading, installing or using the material. You must not, without our permission in writing: reproduce or redistribute any of the material; alter any of the material; or alter or remove any copyright notices on the material.
When you supply your personal details to the Clinic they are stored and processed for four reasons (the terms in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data Protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – i.e. the law):
- We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a Contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a Legitimate Interest in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes Legitimate Interest, but this time it is your Legitimate Interest.
- Provided we have your Consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for seven years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored:
- on paper, in locked filing cabinets, and the offices are always locked and alarmed out of working hours.
- electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist appointment scheduling software. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
- on our office computers. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and the office(s) are locked and alarmed out of working hours.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- The specialist appointment scheduling software company who store and process our appointment system
- Your practitioners in order that they can provide you with treatment
- Our reception staff, because they organise our practitioners’ diaries, and coordinate appointments and reminders (but they do not have access to your medical history or sensitive personal information)
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data (but not your medical notes). We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the Data Controller. Here are the details you need for that:
Clare Trohear (Company Director)
Sefton Acupuncture Clinic
2 New Rd,
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our website is used. The information we collect includes your computer's IP address. We do not collect your personal details unless you specifically provide them to us using our contact form. When you give us any personal information (for example, your e-mail address), we will not pass this information to anybody else. We only keep your data as long as we need to.
The information on the Sefton Acupuncture Clinic website is for information and guidance only. We maintain this website to improve public access to information about acupuncture and to offer commercial services. We try to keep all the information on the Sefton Acupuncture Clinic website accurate and up to date. If you find any mistakes, please let us know. We will try to correct mistakes as soon as possible. However, we do not accept responsibility or liability for the information on the Sefton Acupuncture Clinic website. The information on this site is not necessarily complete, accurate or up to date. We sometimes provide links to other websites which we have no control over and which we are not responsible for. We do not accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your information or your computer system as a result of using material from this website. We cannot control the content or take responsibility for pages that are maintained by other organisations and are linked to this site. Any information, products or services on those sites are not necessarily endorsed or recommended by us.