Acupuncture for children
Acupuncture can be combined with lifestyle advice to offer a safe and natural alternative to many of the conditions that affect children.
Often if your child is particularly averse to the thought of needles, treatment can involve alternatives such as moxibustion and acupressure.
Although acupuncture is usually painless, if we do use needles we use extremely fine needles with children that are rarely felt.
Conditions that can be treated with acupuncture include:
- digestive problems (constipation, abdominal migraine, food allergies and intolerance).
- urinary problems (bed wetting, recurrent cystitis).
- sleep disorders (insomnia and waking early).
- breathing disorders (asthma and recurrent upper respiratory tract infections).
- skin problems (eczema and dermatitis).
- many other chronic conditions including recurrent ear infections and tonsillitis, chronic fatigue and headaches.
If you are unsure whether acupuncture can help your child please telephone the clinic on 01704 873873 or contact us here.
Clare Trohear is a mother to 2 children and has undertaken postgraduate training in The Treatment of Children with Oriental Medicine with June Tranmer in York.